Saturday, March 29

Day 26

Well, today I drove the best road I’ve ever been on! Route 152, between Hillsboro and Silver City in New Mexico. It was an endless sea of long, short, sweeping, and tight curves! Up and down, and all around we went through the Gila National Forest, and eventually up and over Emory pass! If you enjoy riding motorcycles, this is one road you have to check out in my humble opinion. Just before Silver City I pulled off to the side of the road to check out the Santa Rita copper mine. There I met another Canadian couple, Patrick and Deborah from Ottawa. We chatted for a while, and then decided to ride into Silver City together and grab some lunch since it was about that time. Anyways, we had some lunch and shared stories about our trips past and present. After lunch we parted ways even though we were going roughly in the same direction because I needed to go to the Wal-Mart and pick up some supplies. From Silver City I cruised south on 90 to Lordsburg and then hopped onto I-10 west into Arizona. I rode I-10 about 100 miles in, until I turned off onto Vail road headed to Saguaro National park. There I found a local RV park to set up my tent, and then went back to the Saguaro National park to ride the scenic loop and watch the sunset.

Well that’s about it. Now I need to try and firm up my itinerary for the next couple of days. Going to try and meet up with an old college buddy in Los Angeles.

Here are the pictures from today:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, tried to post a comment the other day, but I don't think it took. Love the pics. The ones of Carslbad have made me nostalgic about my trip! Any chance you will stop by Joshua Tree NP? I hear it's really cool. Have fun in LA. If you are there over the weekend, def. check out Cali Speedway. Peace.