Tuesday, March 25

Day 22

Another awesome day of riding. Got up and did the usual, and then drove on out of Seminole canyon. Took a couple of pictures of the canyon in the morning light, to go along with the ones I took last night; then onto 90 west bound. First stop, Langtry for the visitor center and museum on Judge Roy Bean, “the law west of the Pecos”! Pretty neat, especially since you were able to walk through the actual saloon! Then back on the road, still west bound on 90, until I reached Marathon, at which point I turned south on 385 towards Big Bend National Park. I had planned on having lunch in Marathon, but after waiting at my table at the ‘Oasis Café’ for 15 minutes without even getting a copy of the menu, I decided to go find a better place to eat. Unfortunately, that would not be until after I got out of Big Bend. Anyways, here the views became gorgeous! Also, the road was just a pleasure to ride. Just check out the pictures to see what I mean. Finally, I got to Terlingua, and stopped for a late lunch at the ‘Chili Pepper Café’. After some beef enchiladas, I felt re-energized and decided to press on! I continued west on 170 along the Rio Grande until I reached Presidio, and then cut north on 67. Once past Marfa, I hit antelope jackpot! And finally got some pictures of these elusive little creatures. I then continued north, all the way to Pecos, TX. My plan is to get up early tomorrow morning and head to Odessa because I’m in need of a service on the motorcycle; I passed 50,000 miles today! Woohoo!

Here are the pictures:

No comments: