Friday, March 28

Day 25

Just another day in paradise! Started out the morning by going down to White Sands national monument. It was pretty cool; white sand dunes that go on and on as far as the eye can see. Supposedly, it’s visible from space! From there I back-tracked north a little bit, and went on up route 54 to go see the petroglyphs at Three Rivers. It was really neat. You got to walk around un-guided along this trail and were encouraged to go off trail to see as many petroglyphs as possible. Everywhere you turned, there was another rock with some sort of symbol or drawing on it. If you’re ever out this way, come check it out. From here, I continued north, until I turned west on 380 to go see the Valley of Fires. This is an area that is covered in lava flow! The interesting thing is that it’s not because of a volcano eruption. Apparently, the lava came up and out of vents in the ground! Pretty cool; check out the pictures. Being that it was mid to late afternoon, I continued on west on 380 until I reached I-25. There I turned south on route 1 with parallels I-25. After a while I ended getting on the interstate in order to reach my destination point for the evening. And so now, here I am in Truth or Consequence, New Mexico. Yes, that is the name of the town!

Well, here are the pictures for the day.

No comments: