Sunday, March 23

Day 20

Well, with USITT being over, I packed up my stuff and left Houston this morning around 10:15am. I headed out west via 59 South, and soon turned onto Alt. 90 West towards San Antonio. The weather this morning is nice, upper 60's and mostly sunny. I stopped for lunch in a little diner in Halletsville, and had a nice lunch. I guess because it's Easter Sunday, I got a free piece of cake with my lunch! Woohoo! From there, I continued onto San Antonio and went to check out the Alamo. I walked around the Alamo a bit, took some pictures, and had a nice little conversation with some Texas peace officers; even got one of them to take my picture in front of the Alamo. Afterwards I got back on the road and headed north via 281. About 15 miles north of San Antonio, I turned west onto 473. This road was just gorgeous. I was now in the hill country of central Texas. Too bad the temperature had dropped about 10 to 15 degrees and it looked as though I might get some rain up ahead. Sure enough, about 15 minutes later, it started to sprinkle. Since it wasn't too bad, I continued on, but eventually I had to stop to put on some rain pants and get my gloves out because it was just getting too cold. Around 6:00pm I pulled into Kerrville, and decided to stop here for the night and get a hotel. I had planned on trying to make it to Enchanted Rock State park, but with the weather like it was, I just decided it wasn't worth it. Turns out it wasn't such a bad idea. I checked into this hotel called the Whitten Inn; a family owned placed with 5 locations around the area. Now while I got a good price for the room, and the place has free wireless internet as well as a continental breakfast, the best part is yet to come. Get this, you get a complimentary beer at check-in! Yes, you heard correct! Now it's nothing great, but they do have a choice: Coors Light, Bud Light, or a bottle of water just in case you don't drink! :) Now that's what I call service!

Well, nothing else to recount, so here are today's pictures.

No comments: