Tuesday, March 25

Day 21

What a day today! Today is now my new “Best day of the trip so far”! I mean, just about everything went right today. So here goes. Woke, up and hit the continental breakfast at the hotel, packed up all my stuff and hit the road by 9:15 am. First headed north up route 16 to go check out Enchanted Rock. Pretty cool, check out the pics. I may have to come back here at some point in the future and do some rock climbing! From there I headed south down 965 back to Fredericksburg, and then west on 290 until I cut south towards Ingram and Hunt on 783. I was trying to go and check out Stonehenge II, a replica of the original Stonehenge in England, just smaller. They also supposedly had replicas of the Easter Island statues nearby. Unfortunately, I didn’t see any signs indicating which way to go, so I ended up not finding it. No worries, I continued from Hunt down 39 west, and eventually cut south on 187 to go and check out The lost maples. This is a large tract of land, where you will find the only maple trees in all of Texas. Kinda cool. I mean, after all it’s just trees! From there I continued south on 187 until I reached Utopia, where I stopped for lunch; a patty melt with fries and an iced tea! Yum! Then back on the road, going down 1050 west, then up 83 north to Leaky, TX. From there 337 west, and then 55 north, through Rocksprings, until I hit 277 and took it heading north for a few miles until I could turn west onto 189. Followed 189 down to Juno where I then turned onto 163 heading towards Comstock. Once in Comstock I hoped onto 90 west and went just a few miles before pulling in to Seminole Canyon state park. This is where I’ll camp for the night.
Now that you know the route, let me describe it. I’d say between 40 to 60% of the road was just gorgeous winding roads. Going up and down, and all around the hill country of Texas. It was a motorcycle riders dream; long sweeping curves, and the weather was nice to boot! Then, the wildlife! I must have seen at least 50 deers today! Not to mention, wild turkeys, antelope, and of course horses, cattle, goats, and sheep. I also saw my first road-runner! To bad I couldn’t get a picture of him. I was also unable to get pictures of the antelope; they’re so skittish. I also started taking pictures of some of the entrances to these ranches that I’m passing along the way. Some of them are really cool and elaborate.

Well, I think I’ve made this post long enough. Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: