Tuesday, April 15

Day 41

Got up and went with Ezra to have breakfast in town with some of his friends before taking off. It made for a great, relaxed start to the day. I eventually got on the road around 1:00pm, said goodbye and thanks to Ezra and headed northeast towards Crater Lake. The road there was awesome. The weather today was beautiful and not too cold. It’s kind of a weird feeling driving down a road where there are 4 to 10 feet snow drifts along either side of the road! Anyway Crater Lake was pretty amazing. As I got there, I found out the road around the lake and out the north entrance was closed, due to snow of course!  So I had to make a change of plan. It actually turned out to be a good thing. After talking with a park ranger, I found out that the road that I had planned to take going back towards Eugene was not advisable, as in late afternoon and early evening it became rather icy due to snow melts that re-froze. So instead I backtracked out the south entrance to route 62, then onto route 230, to 138 south/east, to 97 north, to 58 west into Eugene. The road to Eugene was pretty nice. I found the Harley dealership with no problem and set up my tent next to their building as they suggested. Then I made some dinner and with nothing else to do, I called it an early night.

Here are the pictures from today:



No comments: