Saturday, April 12

Day 40

Got up and went with Ezra to S.O.U., Southern Oregon University, since he had a crew call today. Got the nickel tour of their theaters and shop area. Pretty nice, I must admit that I’m a bit jealous of their shop area. Anyways, since he had work to do, I went out for a nice little ride outside of Ashland and went by Krystal Lake, and Howard’s Pairie. The roads up and over there were really nice; just had to watch out for the occasional patch of loose gravel washed up on the road. Around lunch time I headed back in to Ashland and this afternoon, I’ve been taking care of personal business, and updating the blog. I also called up the Harley dealership in Eugene since I have 5K service on the bike coming up shortly. Hard to believe, but I’ve almost driven 10,000 miles already! And I’m maybe halfway through the trip! I didn’t figure on doing quite as much zigging and zagging as I made my way across the US. But what they hey, it’s not every day that I’m going to make a trip like this, so I might as well see as much as I can. Now I’m hanging out in a Starbucks enjoying the free internet access. Later on, I’ll meet back up with Ezra and we’re going out tonight to see a band, which his girlfriend sings in.

Here are the pictures from today:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denis, hi, this is Carol Withrow, my husband Jack taught at Woodberry until 2002. We are in Washington State and see you're headed this way. We live about an hour south of the Canadian border not too far from I-5.Let us know if you're going to be coming this far and we maybe we can have you stop by or if all else fails, give you a heads up about the sights and sounds of Washington. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis, greetings from Ottawa! We're back home now and thought we would check your progress! We were surprised to see that your are all the way up to Oregon.

It was great to meet you and be part of your voyage. It was a pleasure to have lunch with you. We are glad you made it to Saguaro NP. We did a tour as part of our trip as well.

The remainder of our trip went well. The temps were ok, but it was quite windy most days. We saw many interesting sites and learned much about that corner of AZ. Our return to NM (via Safford to Eagar)was even more interesting than the 152!

We hope you will make it this far east before heading south back to VA.

Tu es tourjours bienvenue chez nous. Donne nous juste un courriel. d&p