Friday, April 18

Day 45

Wow, what a great day today! Started off with beautiful weather, and it just got better from there! From Moscow, I headed down 95 to Lewiston, Idaho. Upon reaching the outskirts of Lewiston, I picked up Frontage Road, check out the pictures; this was 7 miles of pure, unadulterated twisties and sweeping curves. In Lewiston I picked up route 12 going through the Nez Perce Indian reservation, and following along the Lochsa river. This road was amazing; while it did not have any hardcore curves, it was about 180 miles of pure joy, with soft rolling curves and slowly getting higher and higher in elevation, until crossing the Rocky Mountains via Lolo pass. Did I mention that I saw another bald eagle!? And, this time I got pictures! Anyways, after Lolo pass I was now in Montana, and so I continued on 12 into Misoula. And guess what, I saw another bald eagle, and got pictures again! This one was even closer, but unfortunately did not stick around for very long. From Misoula I picked up I-90 for a little ways, until route 12 split off from I-90 again. From there I continued on route 12 headed east. I can’t tell you the number of mule deers I saw this afternoon in Montana; it must have easily been over 100! Anyways, I am spending the night in Townsend, MT.

Tomorrow I’ll continue on east. Here are the pictures:


No comments: