Thursday, April 17

Day 44

Started by taking the ferry across the Puget Sound, from Kingston to Edmonds. From there I headed north on I-5 towards Blaine and stopped not to long after getting on I-5 at an information center to get some info about the roads headed back east. Lucky I did because I found out that route 20 which I was planning on taking back east was still closed because of snow. So, if I went to Blaine, I’d either had to travel east across parts of Canada, or back track miles down I-5 to get to I-90 east. So, instead of going all the way north to Blaine, I decided to just head back south to I-90 and start heading east. Going over Snoqualmie pass was quite chilly, but very pretty; I could even see it snowing up on the mountain sides to the north of me! The best part of all was once I got east of the mountains the sun came out! While it did not warm up the temperatures, atleast I did not have to worry about rain any more for the day. I eventually turned off of I-90 and onto route 26 east. This was a nice two lane road which took me through miles and miles of farm land as far as the eye could see. Now I’m in Moscow, Idaho. I found out that Glacier National Park in Montana is still closed due to snow, so I will unfortunately have to miss it. Instead I’ll just try and head through southern Montana.

Here are the pictures from today:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whussup? I had a fraternity brother from Moscow. What's that town like?

It sounds like those gloves have been the best purchase of the trip.