Saturday, April 12

Day 38

Said goodbye and left Reno around10:30am this morning. Started north on 395, and soon after turned west onto 70. Then took route 89 north and had hoped to take this through the Lassen Volcanic National Park, but a few miles into the park I came across a road-closed sign. Luckily a park ranger just happened to come by and I check with him, but sure enough, route 89 through the park was closed due to snow! Oh well, time to change the plan. I had to backtrack a little bit to take route 36 west, and luckily made it to Red Bluffs without running out of gas! I actually went 202 miles, and did not hit the reserve! From here I continued on 36 west towards Grizzly Creek Redwood state park where I am spending the night. The section of 36 between Red Bluffs and here was just amazing! Great road! Another one that I highly recommend if you ever come up this way.

Well that’s about it, here are some pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love that high altitude mpg!