Monday, April 7

Day 35

Got up around 9:00am or so, and had some coffee with my brother. We finally got all set and took off for some riding. On the way out of Reno we stopped at the Harley dealership as I was interesting in pricing out both heated grips and heated gloves; I’m thinking ahead to when I head farther up north. Well the heated grips turned out to be more money than I cared to spend, $230 plus labor, and they also just heat up the inside of your palm. I looked at the gloves, about $165, and decided that I’d just hold off on them, and if it really got cold, I could always pick up a pair at a dealership farther north. Then my brother surprised me and bought them for me as an early birthday present! Woohoo! Looks like I’m all set for the cold weather up ahead.

From Reno we went out riding to Fernley, Silver City, and Virginia City. All in all a nice easy day. Tonight I thinking we’re going to go out and have some sushi for dinner. Sorry no pictures from today, but have no fear, I’ll get a picture of me with my brother before leaving Reno.

3 comments:

Sr. Sydnor said...

Good luck with the rest of your trip. We want to see pictures of those "hot" gloves!!

Raphael

Anonymous said...

Def. looked chilly in the pics. Have you ridden in snow yet? Hope you're not planning on riding through southeastern Oregon (BORING). I hear Lassen NP in NoCal is awesome!!

Andrea said...

Denis- enjoy your birthday out west. Glad you will have warm hands.