Friday, April 4

Day 31

Woke up and did the usual. Got the bike packed and hit the road around 9:30 am. A bit chilly this morning, but at least the sun is out, and it looks really cool right now with this light mist/fog lingering around here and there. Hopped on the Pacific Coast Highway and started heading north. Now in the past recent days, I had been asking myself what I was doing, being gone all this time, and spending all this money, but this morning while cruising up the PCH and heading up to San Francisco to see an old high school buddy it all became clear again. This road is just amazing! There are turnouts all up and down the road so you have plenty of occasions to pull over and take pictures; and believe you me, I did! A little north of Point Piedras Blancas I even got to see some elephant seals basking on the beach! Apparently this is not the peak season for them, so instead of thousands, there were only maybe 200 or so seals lying around. Also, I didn’t get to see any males. Anyway, it was still pretty cool to see; check out the pictures. From there I continued on north, stopping every now and then to take a picture.

Eventually I made it to San Fran and met up with my friend Drew. Got all my stuff up into his apartment and then went walking about town a bit to get a bite to eat. A little later tonight, I think we’ll be going back out.

Well that’s about it, here are the pictures:


No comments: