Wednesday, April 2

Day 29

Had an easy day today. Got up and realized that the dealership in Temecula doesn’t do service work, no worries, I just headed down a little ways to the dealership in San Marcos. They were able to work me in with no problems. On top of the regular 2.5K service, I also got my rear brake pads replaced as they were in need. While I was hanging around the dealership, I made a few phone calls that I’d been needing to make. Anyways, got back on the road around 11:00am or so, and headed north to Santa Monica. Got there and walked around the beach for a little bit. I also went and checked out the famous Santa Monica pier. After a little while I figure I’d better go ahead and get on the road for San Francisco, so I started up the Pacific Coast Hwy. I went just a little ways before stopping to fill up for gas, and while I was at the station I decided to check my cell phone for any messages; earlier I had made a call to an old college friend who lived somewhat nearby. Sure enough, he called me back, so I called him again and got him on the phone. After talking for a little bit, I decided to go see him and spend another night down here before heading north. This of course meant going back east, through Los Angeles. This is where I was introduced to what California motorcycle riders apparently do all the time, ‘lane splitting’! Wow, let me tell you, it’s hair-raising watching these guys literally split the lanes, ducking in and out between cars! Now I must admit that I did a little myself; after all, as the saying goes, when in Rome do as the Romans do. Besides, I let someone go in front of me to ‘part the seas’. Anyways, once out of the greater LA area, I went for a little loop down 79, across on 74, and back up to I-10 on 243 before heading down to the Palm Springs area to meet up with Anthony. Spent the rest of the evening hanging out and catching up with my old friend. Tomorrow, I’ll be heading north towards San Francisco.



No comments: