Wednesday, April 2

Day 30

Woke up and got my things together. Then said thank you and goodbye to Anthony, and then talked with his brother for a while to get some insight on good roads to take while headed to San Francisco. Finally got on the road around 9:30am and headed west. Got off I-10 in Beaumont where I was going to get on 79 and follow it to route 2 to then go around Big Bear, but with it being so cold and the weather looking rather menacing, I decided against my previously planned route and instead kept going up I-10, to I-5 north, and eventually turned off onto Frazier Mountain Park road; cold and chilly, but a great road none the less! From here I continued west on 33, and then 58. Both of which were also amazing roads. Unfortunately, while along 58 before reaching the 101, it started to rain. I guess the good weather couldn’t last forever. So I stopped and put on my rain gear and pressed on. I eventually got on the 101, but soon after turned west on 46 towards the Pacific Coast Hwy. This road looked like it was amazing, unfortunately with the rain, and a pea soup fog that prevented me from seeing any farther than about 100 feet in front of me, it was a little hard to tell. Upon reaching Cambria, I decided to find a cheap motel and call it a night. Tomorrow, San Francicsco.

Here are the few pictures from today:


No comments: