Tuesday, April 1

Day 28

Left Quartzsite around 9:30am this morning and hoped back onto I-10 west bound towards California. I had hoped to find a ‘Welcome Center’ upon crossing into California, but no such luck. Oh well, I’ll just plow ahead I thought. I kept going until I reached Desert Center, at which time I turned north/northeast onto route 177. At this point I was driving along the outer edge of the Joshua Tree National park. I kept going until I was able to turn west again on router 62. I kept going on 62 until I reached Twentynine Palms, at which point I was able to enter Joshua Tree National park. The park was really amazing. These weird trees/cacti all over the place; not to mention amazing rock formations. Check out the pictures. After looping out of the park back onto route 62 in the town of Joshua Tree I continued west until I got back on I-10. I went west for a few miles on I-10 until I was able to turn south on route 243. Now I know that several days ago, while going through the Gila National Forest, I said that I drove the best road I’d ever driven. Now, I’m thinking I may have to take that statement back. Route 243 was awesome! Another road that I would highly recommend to anyone ever coming in this area. Anyways, I continued on back down from the mountains, and am spending the night tonight in Temecula, where I hope to go by the Harley dealership tomorrow to get another oil change.

Here are the pictures from today:



1 comment:

Caro et cie said...

Allo Denis.. un petit message en français! Pour notre part, nous avons fait du ski hier... en effet nous sommes à Taos, plus au nord et en altitude...

Nous venons de faire l'enchanted circle, une route classé ***... pas mal beau et du genre alpin...

Bonne route... Nous allons te suivre... surtout que nous espérons aller en Californie un jour!!!

Caro et Patrick, rencontrés à Carlsbad... (Buell)