Wednesday, March 12

Day 6

Today was a good riding day. Woke up around 6:30am, and had some cereal and danish along with a glass of juice and some coffee here in the hotel. Packed everything back up, and was on the road by 7:30am. It’s still cold this morning, only about 34 degrees, but I got a long road between here and Key West. Anyways, I cruise down I-75, until I hit the turnpike. Then I follow the turnpike for a couple miles until I turn off onto SR 27 which will take me down through central Florida. It was a beautiful ride; going past miles and miles of orange groves. By lunch time the temperature finally warms up to around 60 degrees and it feels great. Eventually I find myself in Florida City, and I hop onto US 1 and start my way down the keys! I pull into Key West around 6:00 pm and go find my buddy Sean at his house. I get a all my stuff unpacked, and spend the rest of the evening just resting at Sean’s house with him and his girlfriend Lisa. We have dinner and a couple drinks.

P.S. I’ve been coming to Key West regularly now since 1998, and for the first time I’ve finally seen a key deer when driving through Deer Key! About the size of a Labrador, but much taller!


No comments: