Wednesday, March 12

Day 8

Yeah, it’s raining. Can you hear the enthusiasm in my voice? Well, looking at the radar, it looks like a big pile of rain just sitting on Key West and getting bigger by the minute. So I joyfully pack up my bike in the rain, say my goodbyes and head out by 11:00am. I had hoped to go back downtown and take some more pictures this morning, but so much for that idea. I still swing by the southern most point and get a picture of the bell. Then I start up US 1. By the time I reach Islamorada, I finally get out of the rain. It’s a good thing because my boots and socks are pretty much soaked through. Anyways, once I hit the mainland I cruise up SR 997, and the cut left onto SR 41 which takes me through Big Cypress National Preserve. It’s a gorgeous road; one lane going in each direction. I figured this would probably be a more scenic route that I-75, which is known as Alligator Alley, and that I could more easily stop and take pictures by the road side. After a while I turn onto SR 29 and start heading back north towards Kissimmee, Florida. I go up via SR 29, SR 27, then cut onto SR 70 across to Okeechobee, and finally up SR 441 up to the turnpike and into Kissimmee. There I meet up with the Woodberry lacrosse team who’s here for some spring training! Thanks to Lou and the other guys for letting me crash for the night!


No comments: