Thursday, March 13

Day 10

Knowing that I had an extra hour waitting for me about 45 minutes west of here (timezone change), I took my time getting ready this morning. I finally cruised out of Apalachicola around 9:30am eastern time. I followed along SR 98 west. It went back and forth between following the coast, to very commercialized beach resort type areas for spring breakers, to miles and miles of pine tree forests/farms. Eventually I made it to Mobile, Alabama, and met up with one of my former students, Alex. We went to his parents' house and dropped off my bike, and then Alex took me around for a quick tour of the city. A little later on we came back to his house, and his parents took us out for dinner to a seafood place; a place called 'Ed's Shed'. Totally my type of place; unasuming, but the food was great, especially the oysters! MMMMMmmmmmm. Well, I don't have to be in Houston for a couple more days now, and we're supposed to get rain tonight into tomorrow, and I've been graciously invited to stay, so I think I'll be hanging around Mobile for a day or more. That's it for now though.

Here's a few more pictures from today to tide you over. :)



No comments: