Saturday, March 8

Day 5

Hmmm....it's snowing in Chattanoonga, TN! Well, not much to do except go on with the plan. I start out the day by attending one more seminar at the SETC conference. This one is about the lighting design process. I come back to my room around 10:30am and pack up all my stuff and then wait out the snow as long as I possibly can. Check out is at noon, so that's when I'll take off. By noon, the snow has more or less stoppped. There is still the occasional light flurry. The roads are pretty clear, the only real issue is the cold. So I settle up my account with the hotel and get on the road. Today is pretty much a ridding day, trying to make it to Orlando, FL. Well, I gave it a shot, but by 7:45pm I'm still about 3 hours out from Orlando, so I decide to call it a night. The sun has set and the temperature is dropping; not that it rose much durring the day. When I left Chattanooga it was 34 degrees, and maybe got as high as the low 40's during mid-day. So I find myself a Super 8 Motel, and settle in for the night. Tomorrow I'm going to make a bid for Key West, FL. Mapquest says it's an 8 hour drive more or less from here. Let's hope it is a little warmer tomorrow. Well that's about it for today. Sorry there are no pictures, but I'll take some for sure when I'm down in Key West, and then on the way back up from there when I go through the everglades.

No comments: