Friday, March 14

Day 11

Woke up around 8:30am and went downstairs, and fixed a cup of coffee. Then, thanks to Alex's mom, we had a nice little breakfast to get the day started well. After that, Alex took me down to see the USS Alabama, an old decomisioned battleship. It was really cool to be able to walk all around and in and out of this thing. The last time I'd been able to tour a battleship or anything similar was when I was in the Boy Scouts. There was also an old submarine, the USS Drum, there as well that we got to go through, as well as some planes. All in all, an awsome morning thus far; check out the pictures.
After this we drove up north a little ways to go eat lunch at this place called the "Stage Coach Cafe". Once again, awsome food. The catfish and fried chicken were just to die for! Also, I had this dessert that I've never had before. It was called buttermilk pie. Now, if you're not familiar with this, you have to try it before you die! As I told Alex, if I'm ever put on death row, this will be part of my last meal. Yes, it is that good!
Then we drove back to Mobile, and drove around downtown a little bit more. Saw Bienville Park, and went to see a bunch of really neat old houses around Mobile. Then, back to Alex's house to just hang out and relax a bit. This evening, his sister came back home from school (spring break), and we all went out to get some ice cream. Now the day is pretty much done, so I'm doing the blog thing and then going to bed.

Here are the pics:

No comments: