Tuesday, March 4

Day 1

Well, what a day! I guess if I get the bad stuff out of the way first, the rest of the trip will be a breeze! All was going fairly well, in the morning; I had about 40 minutes of light rain once past Charlottesville, VA, but it didn't last. However, as I'm driving through Winston-Salem, NC on business 40, it starts to rain. Looking ahead, I see that it's quite dark. So, as I'm pulling out of Winston on 421 North, I pull over and put on some rain pants and switch to the full-face helmet. It was a good call, I had rain and wind, quite heavy at times, all the way to TN!
Well, I was going to try and make it to Nashville tonight, but being a little wet and definately cold, the temperature has dropped to atleast 40, I've decided to pull over for the night and get a nice warm hotel room. I'm about 120 miles east of Nashville, but it's now 10:00pm and I don't HAVE to get to Nashville tonight. So, I've layed out my things to dry out, and tallied up my expenses for the day, downloaded some pics, and now writting up a new blog entry.

Well, that's about it. Here's a few pics. Nothing exciting, just the bike prior to departure, my companion on this trip, and my hotel room for the evening!


No comments: