Thursday, March 6

Day 3

Since I don't have too far to go today, I sort of make it a lazy morning and enjoy my brief stay in Nashville. Finally by lunch time I figure it's warmed up enough and I pack up the bike, bid farewell to Emily, and hit the road. I cruise on out of town via I-24, but soon pull off the interstate onto Rt. 70S going from Murfreesboro to McMinnville. Rt. 70 is pretty nice, very much like Rt. 29 back home. Once in McMinnville, I turn south onto Rt. 56. As I ride along, I can't get over how many nurseries I've passed since getting off the interstate. They're just all over the place. The farther I go, the better Rt. 56 gets; especially as we turn up into the mountains.

I finally reach Chattanooga around 5:00pm, and sign in to my hotel. Now all that's left to do is to take a nice long hot shower, unpack, and get some dinner.

Here are a few pics from the day.

No comments: