Wednesday, March 19

Day 15

I don't know why, but I tossed and turned all night. It was quite windy, so maybe that's what kept waking me up every hour or two. Anyways, by 7:00am I had had enough and decided to get the day started. As I stepped out of my tent, I though, wow the wind is really blowing! Anyways, made some oatmeal and with some difficulty packed up the bike. Trying to fold up a tent with a good strong wind blowing through can be quite a challenge! Especially by yourself! Anyways, I hit the road by 8:30am. Since I had all day and was very close to Houston, I decided to take the long road! I first head north via 171, and then eventually cut back soutwest via rt. 12. Before crossing into Texas, I got back on I-10 so that I could go to the Texas welcome center. I forgot to mention that I tried to do this in Louisiana, but it was closed for repairs! Anyways, got some good info and got back on the road. I decided to go down to the coast and follow rt. 87 down to Galveston, and then cut back north to Houston. I'm sure it's a beautiful road, but with the weather being gray and looming, as well as a very strong wind gusting in from my port side, I didn't get to enjoy it much. I was concentrating on just keeping the bike upright! Also, as I got to the ferry crossing which would take me over to Galveston, I heard on the radio that this area and others surrounding was in a tornado warning. Time to get to Houston and the safety of my hotel room! So I hoped onto I-45 and headed into Houston. Wouldn't you know that the rain started 15 minutes before pulling into the hotel! Oh well, atleast I did not get fully soaked, just a little moist.
After I checked in, I took a nice long shower and then was surprised by a call from a former student who was here in Houston for USITT as well. So we got together for dinner. Afterwards I looked over the schedule for the next couple days and then off to bed. I have a full week of seminars to attend!

The few pics I took today:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YO!!! Whussup homeboyee? Love the pics, man. How's that oatmeal treating you? Packng a tent in a high wind is a BITCH! Great job so far, looking forward to more!!